Mountain Mermaid ✦ Shampoo Bar
• Organic Ingredients • Vegan Friendly • Earth Friendly & Biodegradable •
Mountain Mermaids exist in the waters at the bases of mountains. In the blue cold lakes, rivers and streams that nourish the land. You'd expect exactly this smell when thinking of a Mountain Mermaid - woodsy, yet fresh and mysterious. This is one of my favorites for sure!
New to shampoo bar-ing? Here are some tips on how to use them!
➳ These shampoo bars have far less additives and toxic chemicals than traditional shampoos, so the lather may not be what you're used to. This is normal and your hair will still get clean. Promise! I've tried and tested my formula to be not only non toxic, but still lather, clean, and moisturize your hair.
➳ Because your hair is used to something different, your scalp and hair will go through a detox phase until you're adjusted. Your hair may appear greasier than normal for a little bit. Be patient - the end result is worth it and you'll love that you switched to shampoo bars. Always allow up to 4 weeks before you give up on a bar!
➳ I do not use a conditioner anymore! Because you are using a more natural soap for your hair, your scalp will start to produce the natural oils it's meant to. Your hair is healthier now and won't require any extra moisturizing. I use an apple cider vinegar rinse after washing now, and my hair is so happy! Read about it here...
➳ Here are some simple instructions:
1. Wet your hair thoroughly and work bar into a lather.
2. You have a few options with washing technique. I personally like to rub the bar all over my head until it feels sufficiently soaped up. Some like to work soap into hands first. Try all the different ways of application and you'll develop your own favorite way.
3. Rub, dub, scrub! Keep on washing! Once you feel you've got all the nooks and crannies of your scalp all washed, it's now time to rinse!
4. Repeat washing 2-3 times before applying your apple cider vinegar rinse!
Why shampoo bars?
☼ Yummy ingredients that help your scalp health rather than harm it!
☼ Less packaging! Think of all the shampoo bottles you'll be saving. Our landfills are already overflowing...this is just one less thing added to the pile!
☼ Easy for travel! Pack her up in your backpack and don't worry about harming Mother Earth. Find our "reusable container" section here...
☼Biodegradable. That's the beauty of using ingredients that originate from the earth!
Ingredients: Coconut Oil*, Palm oil*, kosher vegetable glycerin, water, sodium hydroxide(saponifying agent), sorbitol(moisturizer) , sorbitan oleate(emulsifier) , soy bean protein(conditioner) , mango butter*, raw cocoa butter, raw shea butter*, matcha powder*(for color), oils of: castor*, calendula*, avocado*, jojoba*, fragrance (pure essential oil blend of cedarwood, frankincense, wild orange, & lemon)